Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Biological Revolution

If you haven't guessed it already, I have this fairly particular opinion about conventional medicine. I used to be a sheeple, and a huge consumer of allopathic medicine, until I began to see the arrogance in the medical community. It helped that at my formative years I lived in Portland, land of alternative medicine....practically anything a person could want for health care is available there. I ate it up. I loved having a naturopathic physician who took the time to talk with me, who was down to earth, and on top of it, would look at the deeper reasons for whatever was ailing me. As soon as I got to Portland, I was seeing an ND in Tigard where I first lived. I needed my candida problem addressed, which eventually snowballed into an intense hypoglycemia condition (how did I manage to walk into that doc's office with a blood sugar of 28? I should have been comatose.....), and later on a touch of hepatitis A and mono. I was introduced to homeopathics, herbs, changing my eating habits, hydrotherapy, acupuncture, colonics. Many other modalities.

I change most of the physical things in my life, and still end up with cancer....technically, three times now. Why? How come with all this stuff I am doing, I continue to get growths? One homeopathist told me "you just like to grow growths.." A spiritual counselor said "you manifest quickly and you heal quickly." What does all this mean, what is missing in my healing process?

The mind!! Oh, yeah! The one thing that scares me more than anything in my life, literally. My mind, my attention to my mind, and the messages I learned god knows when is the biggest culprit....not the food, not the possible chemicals my mom ingested, not the pollution. My habitual thoughts, my ability to deal with conflicts.

German New Medicine, more than anything I have done for myself, for my health, well-being, and peace of mind, has made sense to me. It has taught me to be aware of conflicts, symptoms which tell me whether I am in conflict or healing phase, and mostly, to not panic.

In a nutshell, Dr. Hamer, the elucidator of the 5 Biological Laws of Health, came to understand these when he developed testicular cancer, after his son had been murdered. Being an MD, and head internist at an oncology clinic, he took the steps to identify his cancer, and when looking at his brain CT scan, saw something odd......concentric rings at a particular area of his brain. He asked the radiologist about these but was not able to get a definitive answer. This led to investigating other patients' scans, finding these same rings (Hamer Focus) occurring at the brain center relay for the organ which was cancerous! Having a large patient database to work from, he began to also talk with patients about their experiences with cancer, both before and after diagnosis. There were two remarkably consistent occurrences: 1. Patients invariably would be able to point to a significant conflict or shock which occurred prior to the appearance/diagnosis of cancer, and 2. Diagnostic shock more than anything else led the individual into more debilitating symptoms than the actual occurrence of the cancer.

Dr. Hamer is also a biologist, and began to also notice a number of things: such as, there was a correspondence between embryonic layer, cancer occurrence, and symptoms progression. He was also aware that most treatment and diagnostic rationales in conventional medicine were actually based on unproven and disproven theories -- germ theory, tumor markers being definitive for cancer, metastasis.

German New Medicine began to form, the explanation of cancer and cancer-equivalent or functional diseases. His paradigm of health led to new ways of "treating" individuals...which involved primarily having a strong understanding of these biological laws, using a calm and rational approach to learning about and either resolving or downplaying conflicts, and being aware of symptoms within each phase.

I have learned that my tumors, lymph node enlargements, heart palpitations and sensory numbness are my body's healing response to conflicts. So, every time I was "diagnosed" and given horrible news and prognoses, my body has been in the stage of healing; conventional medicine has wanted to cut it out, or poison my body. I have even had a medical oncologist take a look at me and say "well, you do look healthy for someone with such a high Inhibin B level (>5000), and your estrogen levels aren't really all that high......." after she was pushing me to start one of her debilitating treatment regimes!! Reminds me of something I read recently "if someone gave you food which made you sick, why would you ask for another helping?"

As Roshi Junpo of Hollow Bones Zen Group tells us: "your angst is your liberation." The occurrence of cancer has led me to this place of liberation, not being afraid of cancer anymore. Not being afraid of symptoms. Coming to understand that Health Works, and all along, I have had a healthy, responsive immune system. It just needed a little bit of help in cleaning up my act with my thinking and eating and energy maintenance.

1 comment:

colonics said...

The topic header looks attracting i liked the blog and keep posting new topics.