Friday, May 8, 2009

Clarity, focus, health, joy.....

Here's a great quote from Sarah Starr, a local yogini who blogs at www.beitliveitloveit.blogspot.com....wonderful muse, I encourage reading her posts for a glimpse into the life of another woman who is living from her Spirit:

"Without clarity I am out of integrity with myself and all others . Without it I cannot align with my passions, my service in the world or my natural connection with the flow of life. Without it contentment is stuck in the bottom drawer along with joy, peace and fun!"

Last night, my friend Sally and I listened to Charley Cropley, ND, (Boulder, CO) talk on integrity in one's health care choices....very passionate man, and very real....the bottom line: get clear on how important health is to me, how important is it for me to be happier, free of anxiety, fear, sadness, irritability and experience real sincere joy and really like who I am. Then, draw that line in the sand, and pay attention to the ways in which I partake in behaviors which go against my clarity. No judgement against myself when I step over the line, but to be aware that I also love (or, am addicted to) behaviors which go against my clarity. Love it all, and move towards what makes me feel better.

I realized right then, often times, what I do, health-wise, is motivated by fear. An underlying reaction to not wanting to be sick. Which keeps me in a state of sickness, and makes for a lot of energy loss, a blind alley kind of basis to my life. When I meditated on what I really wanted over the next 1 to 5 years (able to move/exercise at the drop of a hat, be outdoors, laugh, get back to skate/telemark skiing, canoe trips, joy in my life/work/relationships), I felt peaceful, content, wonderful. Then, when I meditated on the path I am on continuing (anxiety, low energy, fear), ugh, I saw myself being incapacitated! That did not feel good at all.

I pledge to come from the clarity, the integrity of what is most important to me for HEALTH. From the sense of certainty that there is a law governing health: good in, good out; crap in, crap out. Just as there are laws governing how my body heals, there is a law governing how my focus affects my health.

A couple more quotes:

It does no good to search frantically for peace, to seek anxiously after love or joy or freedom. If you want to find joy, do joy. If you want for there to be peace, do peace.
- Cheri Huber

You are the creator of your own reality, and so you are not in jeopardy. You do not need to control the behavior of others in order for you to thrive. Your attention to things that you think they do that keeps you from your thriving is, in fact, what keeps you from your thriving... It is not what they do to you; it's what you do to you in fear of what you think that they will do to you. - Abraham

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mariah, my beautiful sister! I found your blog. I'm blown away with your journey - I'm not sure I realized the extent of all of your "adventures" explained here - and wowed by your strength and courage. I love you and your journey as I learn from it too.
Love, Nancy